In June 2018, the restoration of the interiors of the Orangerie of the Hôtel de Sully located in the 4th arrondissement of Paris was completed.
The Hôtel de Sully, built in the first half of the 16th century, remains one of the crown jewels of the Marais and the specific architecture of private mansions, called “between courtyard and garden.” The head office of the Center for National Monuments today, the mansion was moreover listed as a Historic Monument in 1862. As for the Orangerie, it was listed in 1953. In the 1960s, it was the object of major restoration work having altered it in a significant fashion. Unused for several decades and presenting major problems on the level of the roof and gutters, the Orangerie was the subject in 2014 of a diagnostic study conducted by 2BDM.
The complete project management, turned over to 2BDM, made it possible to renovate the building and make it usable again, according to the orientations defined by the contracting authority. Receptions, lectures and events with a cultural vocation will now be able to be held in its lower gallery. The first floor (upper gallery, east and west pavilions) were remodeled into coworking spaces. The original volumes were reestablished in the upper gallery through the demolition of modern partition walls that compartmentalized it. The woodwork of the doors and windows was repainted and, on the exterior, the gutters were restored. In the framework of this operation, 2BDM also designed the furniture and layout.